Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fulbright starts Tuesday!

Fulbright orientation starts Tuesday. I'll be sitting in on mandatory introductory sessions that include:

* Living in Austria: The Challenges of Everyday Life

* Austria: A User's Guide: A few points of historical orientation that may be of use when dealing with the "natives" in the coming months

I am especially looking forward to the session entitled, "The Austrian Condition!"

So, it might not be the most relevant information for me, considering I have my own little lab rat at home (!!), but it will be nice to meet the other Fulbrighters and to learn more about their projects and work in Austria. I do, of course, have the continued insecurity about my age and that I'll simply be the grandma of the group. But, oh, well. The price I pay, I guess.

On the upside, I will finally get to the Melk Monastery, as we have a little Fulbright field trip on Friday! It's one of those places "you have to see before you die" -- an hour from our apartment and it's taken me 6 years and a group of Americans to get there!!

No comments: