Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cool Vickis from Wisconsin

Paul Schiefer and Angie Kartusch got married on Friday and the reception on Saturday went from about 3:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.! Paul and Angie have very cool friends - some we already knew, others we met yesterday. We had so much fun, dancing and singing...all the Wieners knew every world to American Pie! Brought a tear to my eye! They also seemed to know every word to Sweet Home Alabama...weird! Of utmost cultural importance, I learned that the 80s song Major Tom was actually sung by an Austrian band and in German. When I sang, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE, EARTH BE-LOW-OW-OW US, they thought I was a freak!

Equally as important - I met another cool Vicki and she's from Wisconsin, no less! Paul was a foreign exchange student in Wisconsin when he was about 21 and stayed with Vicki and Stan. V and S have no kids but have hosted something like 30 exchange students. They kept referring to their "Big 3" - Paul and two others they fell in love with and kind of adopted.

As good adopted parents and very fun party-people, V and S came all the way to Austria for Paul's wedding and we hung out with them most of the day yesterday. After hours of telling funny stories and a little too much vino, I confessed that I only know one other person from Wisconsin and she is seriously one of my favorite people in the world AND her name just happens to be VICKI! (Or, Wicki, as I prefer to call her..) Long story short...it seems that Vicki performed Stan's nephew's wedding! Small world of Wickis, huh?

No comments: