Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Only me...and four other people, too!

Okay, maybe it's hard to take me seriously when I post about embarking on my new life as an academic immediately following a photo of the Brat Pack, but I guess that's just me. Anyway, somehow Patrick Swayze and atrocity go together, don't they?

I recently got to look over the courses I'll take next semester and discussed them with my advisor. I think we've settled on a seminar on refugees, a seminar on comparative genocide and a class about "Racial Thought and Body Politics." I'll also try auditing a German course, to try to keep it up.

I think I am more excited about this than Bob was about Bowling class at SMC!! I can't remember being so excited about classes. Ever. Not even Contemporary Bioscience. Kidding.

I've been working so closely with people for such a long time - now it's time for some books and quiet time. Especially after the hyper-intensive work I've been doing here with the refugees, I can really (naively?) imagine loving being locked up in a library. Check back with me in a couple years but, for now, I am pretty jazzed!

No comments: