Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Appropriate location to write my dissertation, no?

I heard tell someone's actually reading my Blog! I am using any and all other ways to procrastinate studying, so why not renewed interest in Blogging??



I got a library card at the Austrian National Library last week, and went today for my first full day of work. The library is located in the Hofburg, the Imperial Palace in Vienna, and if you recognize the picture above, it may be because you've seen it in historical photographs. Sadly, it's probably better known for post-Imperial times.



Yeah, it's where that guy spoke when he arrived in Vienna in 1938. (He's standing on the balcony you can see in the first photo.)

Roland and I have decided that it would be perfect for me to write my dissertation in the same location. I have to walk under that balcony to enter the reading rooms.

I try not to overwhelm my friends and family with my cheery topic, but this summer is going to be all Holocaust, all the time, so you might get your fill.

That all depends on me updating regularly and some kind of readership, though!

No comments: