Saturday, June 06, 2009

New bed!



So, I can horrify you with the Armenian Genocide testimonies I am working on, or talk about more fun things - we got a new bed!

I am in love with it, but evidently it's the most popular bed at IKEA, the MALM. At least it's the most popular here - the whole bed section is made up of MALMS, so we didn't feel too unique. But it's exciting to have new furniture.

When you buy a bed in Austria that's larger than what we in the US call a "full," you normally buy two mattresses. So, the bed frame is 180 x 200cm, and each mattress is 90 x 200cm. We got to choose our own firmness, etc, which is good because I like firm and Roland doesn't. So, we're both happy, and now when I get up in the middle of the night, I won't wake up light-sleeping-Roland.

That's about all the excitement here - uninterrupted sleep and big, heavy furniture. Not much else going on...

No comments: