Saturday, June 02, 2007

Funny things about Wieners #15687


Paul Rose (yes, I called him out by FULL name) whined that I don't make enough entries on the blog. Those of you who have been with me from the start know that I am now - relatively speaking - prolific.

Okay, so maybe I should muse a bit more about the Wieners.

I love them, actually, am really very, very comfortable here. I am starting to get sad about leaving! I love our apartment, I love our life, I love our friends, I love my quiet time and alone time...it's really perfect.

That said, Wieners are funny!

Funny thing about Wieners #15687:
In Vienna, the definition of "vegetarian" usually includes chicken.

Veggie restaurants serve a chicken dish or two, even ones that call themselves "vegan!" I know that it's probably considered thoughtful to the non-veggie guests...but when I want a steak, am I going to go to a place called "Vegarant?" I don't go to a Kosher place for crabcakes, I don't go to a Persian restaurant for ham...it just makes sense, doesn't it?

Don't get me wrong - I am an all-out carnivore! I'm not necessarily complaining. I just like pointing out funny things about Wieners!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good postings. I've noticed you've been addressing vegetarianism a lot lately. Thinking of converting?

We hope to see you soon. Speaking of vegetarian food, White Tiger has a new chef. Suffice it to say, we're going to give him a little more time to get it right. It's been a serious disappointment. Oh well. We still have La Loma.