Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I got nothin'

I have nothing to say but feel that I owe it to both of my readers to post something. Um...it's hot here...

To answer everyone's questions in one place, though (what a novel idea for a blog...duh.) --

I finish work at HIAS on July 27th and then Roland and I go on vacation. First, a few days in Velden (southern part of Austria) at the lake, reading and sleeping. Then, we'll fly to Berlin to see Constanze and Jascha AND Björn and Katharina and the kids! They are in Berlin for a one-year sabbatical, starting July 1st or so. Roland has still never been to Berlin - can you believe it?! Must be remedied.

After Berlin, we will go to Krakow for a few days and to a friend's wedding in a nearby town. I have always wanted to go to a Polish wedding and I finally have my chance! Last I heard, the total number of guests equalled the total number of bottles of vodka ordered! I will be sure to bring the Excedrin.

I fly back to DC on Aug. 17 and will spend a long weekend with the fam, and then Leslie will drive up to Wuh-stuh with me. I'll move in with my Mass-hole host-family (AKA: Liswa and Sebastian) and am hoping for a cookout on the back deck upon arrival!

Orientation for school starts Aug. 21 and on the 27th I will officially be in the full swing of things with classes! It's been 10 years...when I was last at a university, they were just introducing email! In addition to the classes, I have to learn electronic blackboards and networking and things. (By the way, I am already on top of Facebook! "Friend" me if you are, too!)

I am really geeking out about school and even got a reading list for one of my classes ahead of time and started reading. Who is this person, you ask? I'm not sure, either. Never met her before and certainly not at St. Mary's or UMD! I just can't believe I will soon be sitting at a table full of people eager and willing to discuss the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising for hours on end! I know - dork.

Hmmm...Vienna is amazing, the closer I get to leaving, the less I want to go. But it's really friends and Roland that I will miss and - as I have learned - friends are there, even if you are far away. Roland and I have done long distance before, so it's do-able. Not preferable, but do-able.

Hmmm...anything else you want to know? Oh, I met Roland's Japanese nanny last night! She said he always talked a lot and was stubborn...hmmm...not much changes, eh?

No comments: